For Lease: Equestrian Park in Ottawa, ON
The land and buildings at 401 Corkstown Road and the adjacent campground are available for lease. Submit your proposal by September 21, 2012.
Call for Proposals
We are looking for public or private parties to lease the lands and existing infrastructure at 401 Corkstown Road, Ottawa.
Proposals may also include the lease of the campground at 411 Corkstown Road. However, proposals that only address plans for 411 Corkstown Road will not be considered.
Your proposal or business plan should outline the following:
- the proposed use;
- any partnership opportunities;
- the benefits of your proposal in terms of animating the Capital and creating vibrancy; and
- a financial proposal at the market rate.
See Selection Process and Deadline for complete details.
We are seeking interest from public or private parties with business opportunities that:
- continue to make the sites accessible to the Canadian public;
- maintain the same or similar existing uses of the lands;
- conform with the revised Greenbelt Master Plan; and
- can be implemented by January 2013.
Properties for Lease
401 Corkstown Road: Equestrian Park
401 Corkstown Road in Ottawa is a 109-hectare parcel of land located on the north side of Highway 417 near Moodie Drive.
There are 3.34 hectares of developed lands including buildings and outdoor riding rings. The remainder of the land is used for paddocks and hayfields.
There are five buildings located on the land including:
- a stable that can hold 75 horses (3,425 m2);
- a hay barn (851 m2);
- a heated indoor arena (1756 m2);
- a storage garage (165 m2); and
- a coverall type storage building (313 m2).
There are also basic facilities to accommodate temporary trailer campers.
411 Corkstown Road: Campground
411 Corkstown Road, Ottawa, includes 62 hectares of land with several buildings that directly service the campground.
The campground includes nine buildings:
- an administration and campground store (180 m2),
- a manager’s residence and laundry facilities building (149 m2),
- a pavilion used as a kitchen shelter (136 m2),
- a maintenance garage (68 m2),
- four washroom buildings (79 m2 – 91 m2) and
- a small amphitheatre (19 m2).
The current tenant of 411 Corkstown Road is aware that we will consider proposals from those who wish to lease both 401 and 411 Corkstown Road.
The end date of the current lease for 411 Corkstown Road is October 31, 2014. Proposals that only address plans for 411 Corkstown Road will not be considered.
Site visits will be conducted on August 16 and September 6. To attend email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 613-239-5093.
Site maps are included in the maps and publications box.
Selection Process and Deadline
To apply, submit your written proposal to the NCC via email on or before 5 pm (EDT) on Friday, September 21, 2012.
Proposals received after that date and time will not be considered.
Your proposal should address the following:
- Your vision for the lands and existing infrastructure.
- Overall strategic approach
- Your overall strategy for implementing your vision for the lands and existing infrastructure.
- Your strategy to enhance the character and the public’s utilization of the lands and existing infrastructure.
- The opportunities and constraints that you foresee and how you would respond to them.
- Proposed timing for the project and indication of a proposed lease term.
- View of the market feasibility of your proposal for the lands and identification of the economic factors that will contribute to the success of its proposal.
All proposals will be evaluated by the NCC in light of their overall contribution to the NCC objectives noted above.
Your proposal must contain sufficient concept details and financial information for us to properly investigate the feasibility and viability of the project.
The selected proposal will need to be approved by the National Capital Commission Board of Directors.
The NCC will work with the selected proponent to ensure that the project conforms with the revised Greenbelt Master Plan.
The NCC, in its sole discretion, retains the right to accept or reject any or all proposals and to cancel this call for proposals at any time.