Event Equipment Rentals
Are you holding an event in Canada’s Capital Region? The NCC has festival equipment that can be rented by not-for-profit associations and government agencies within Ottawa, Gatineau and the region.
What Event Equipment is Available?
- Signage structures (Trilite/Versatruss)
- 2.4-metre tower
- Activity towers — ladder
- Activity tower — truss
- Small entrance arch
- Large entrance arch
- Picnic tables
- Garbage barrels
- Risers: 1.22 metres wide x 2.44 metres deep x 10, 20 or 30 centimetres high (4 feet wide x 8 feet deep x 4, 8 or 12 inches high)
- Metal barricades
- White picket fencing
- Recycling containers
Who Can Rent the NCC’s Event Equipment?
You can rent NCC event equipment when the following requirements are met:
- Your organization is a not-for-profit corporation or association, or a government agency within Canada’s Capital Region.
- You are holding a non-profit event that is compatible with the NCC’s mandate.
- There is no competing need for the equipment by the NCC.
How Do I Rent the Event Equipment?
- Complete and submit the Equipment Order Form at least three weeks before you want to pick up the equipment. Requests sent less than three weeks before the desired pick-up date may be denied.
If your request to rent equipment is approved:
- We'll send you an agreement that includes the total fees, the Borrowers’ Obligation and a copy of your Equipment Order Form.
- Send the NCC your signed agreement and a deposit of $250. We will deduct this amount from your total fees. This deposit is non-refundable (even if the event is cancelled or postponed, or if you find that you no longer need the equipment for the event).
- Contact the warehouse 24 hours before collecting the equipment.
- Rental pick-up — On the arranged date, bring the equipment list contained in your Loan of Equipment Agreement to the warehouse to pick up your equipment rental.
- Final payment is due upon receipt of the NCC invoice.
For each rental agreement there is a $250 administration fee, plus the rental costs.
The following table describes the event equipment that can be rented from the NCC, as well as the rental cost and replacement fee for each item.
|Rental Fee For More Than Two Days||Rental Fee For Two Days or Less||Replacement Fees|
|Recycling Container - Paper||$8.00||$4.00||$350.00|
|Recycling Container - Bottle/Can||$8.00||$4.00||$350.00|
1.22 m x 2.44 m
(4 ft. x 8 ft.)
10.16, 20.32 and 30.48 cm
(4, 8 and 12 in.)
|White picket fence||$10.00||$5.00||$100.00|
|Small entrance arch||$650.00||$325.00||$6, 500.00|
|Large entrance arch||$670.00||$325.00||$6, 700.00|
|2.4-metre tower (almost 8 ft.)||$160.00||$80.00||$1, 600.00|
|Activity tower (ladder)||$65.00||$32.00||$650.00|
|Activity tower (truss)||$65.00||$32.00||$650.00|
Equipment Rental Conditions
- Our equipment requirements for our own activities have priority. We reserve the right to accept, refuse or modify part or all of any request up until the day of pick up.
- No changes or additions to an order will be accepted once the organization has started to pick up equipment from the warehouse. The borrower must contact the warehouse 24 hours before collecting the equipment.
- If there is a change or additions after the original contract has been signed, the parties will have to enter into a new contract and have it signed by the Director of Capital Events and Programs. This process could delay pick-up dates. We recommend that you check your equipment needs very carefully before signing the contract.
Your Responsibilities as a Borrower
The word “borrower” refers to the organization renting the equipment, its managers, directors, employees, volunteer workers, contractors, agents, successors, liquidators, assigns and any other persons for whom the borrower is responsible.
As a borrower, you are responsible for the following, at your own expense:
- picking up, transporting and returning equipment in the same condition it was in at pick-up
- reimbursing the NCC for the replacement value of items that are not returned (see table)
- paying for repairs if equipment is returned damaged (the NCC will perform the repairs and will send an invoice to the borrower)
- providing the NCC with proof that the borrower is insured for liability and that both the borrower and the NCC are insured for damage, destruction or theft of the borrowed equipment.
For more information, email us at email@example.com or phone us at 613-239-5047.