Canada Day in the Capital: A Great Success!
The Canada Day 2012 celebrations have ended, but join us again next year to celebrate Canada’s 146th birthday.
Hundreds of thousands of visitors enjoyed this year’s Canada Day celebrations in Ottawa–Gatineau.
The 2012 celebrations began a day early with hit Canadian movies shown under the stars at an outdoor movie theatre. On Canada Day itself, July 1, visitors were able to:
- see top Canadian musicians perform on Parliament Hill and at Major’s Hill Park;
- board a 27 metre (90 foot) Canadian Coast Guard Hovercraft;
- see a spectacular parachute jump by the Canadian SkyHawks;
- have their photos taken with the Grey Cup;
- watch a breathtaking fireworks display;
- and much more!
Thank you to all of the sponsors, programming partners and volunteers who contributed to making Canada Day 2012 an extraordinary event.
See you on July 1, 2013!