Canada Day on Parliament Hill
On July 1, Parliament Hill draws thousands of Canadians dressed in red and white and bursting with national pride.
The Canada Day festivities on Parliament Hill run from morning to night. With ceremonial events, musical and dance performances, fireworks and more, there is something for everyone.
Enjoy the good cheer as Canadians from across the country come together in the Capital to celebrate Canada’s birthday.
July 1 Schedule of Events
9 am — Carillon Concert
- Enjoy the beautiful sounds of the Peace Tower’s 53-bell carillon.
9:30 am — Flag Raising Ceremony
10 am — Changing of the Guard Ceremony
Noon to 1:30 pm — Canada Day Noon Show (Broadcast Live)
- The Canada Day Noon Show combines ceremony and the arts. The event begins with the inspection of the guard and the 21-gun salute. The focus then turns to the main stage for cultural performances from across Canada and Canada Day speeches by dignitaries.
2 pm to 5 pm — Various Street Performers
- Relax on the lawns of Parliament while strolling buskers and drummers entertain.
7:30 pm to 10 pm — Canada Day Evening Show (Broadcast Live)
- The Canada Day Evening Show includes a variety of performances by Canadian artists. Enjoy the fun and sing along with great Canadian musicians.
10 pm — Fireworks
- The celebrations reach a grand finale with fireworks that can be seen over the Parliament Buildings.
|No Dogs or Pets||
Dogs and pets are not permitted at Canada Day sites.
Exceptions are made for service dogs.